- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Texas has only 2 position players from 2010 Series
Question of the Day
“Texas, specifically, I think we’ve all marveled at how they’ve been able to turn the roster over but still keep a high level of talent, and they’re in a tough division,” Giants GM Brian Sabean said.
Moreland made his major league debut midway through the 2010 season after first baseman Justin Smoak was traded to Seattle in the deal that brought Cliff Lee to the Rangers. Moreland was the only Texas player to have a hit in all five World Series games that year against the Giants while hitting .462 (6 of 13).
“Our success over the last few years has kind of contributed to the guys they brought in, and how well we’ve kind of clicked from that day one,” Moreland said.
Washington said the mindset has remained the same if even the players have changed.
“We focus on one thing, baseball, not outside influences,” he said. “No matter what we have to go out there and play with, we’re going to go out there and we’re going to play hard and do what we can do to win ballgames.”
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world