- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Vt. town gears up for annual ski race in 69th year
Question of the Day
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - At least 700 competitors will descend on Stowe, Vt., for one of the oldest annual ski races in North America.
The Stowe Derby downhill and cross-country race will be held on Sunday. Racers will ski through 20 kilometers of terrain, from Mt. Mansfield’s Toll Road through the Stowe Recreation Path.
Vermont Public Radio reports (http://bit.ly/M6Xl4p ) that many participants “don outrageous costumes” for the race in its 69th year.
One race for skiers on telemark skis, alpine gear, split boards or skate cross country skis begins at 10 a.m. and a classic skiing race will begin at 12:15 p.m. Racers who want to compete in both enter the “Derby Meister” and ski both races in a row.
A less strenuous six kilometer short race will open at 8:30 a.m.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors