- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Ernest Istook launching a new radio show
Question of the Day
Former Rep. Ernest Istook is launching a new radio show Monday, returning to the airwaves in his home state on KZLS, 1640 AM “The Eagle” in Oklahoma City.
The Ernest Istook Live show, produced in partnership with The Washington Times, will also be broadcast across the nation starting in March on the newspaper’s on-demand radio network available in cars and mobile devices via the Kaliki Audio Newstand.
Mr. Istook represented the Oklahoma City area for 14 years in the U.S. House, and his show will be broadcast from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. CST each weekday. The addition of Mr. Istook will complete KZLS’s format conversion from oldies music to news/talk.
“But I’m also about life, the universe and everything not just politics. And I’ll express righteous indignation, but not anger.”
Mr. Istook’s broadcast roots trace back to his college years in Texas; news and talk radio then took him to Oklahoma where he settled, raised his family and became a notable political figure. He was rated one of the top 20 conservative lawmakers in the U.S. Congress.
Mr. Istook’s show is available for national syndication through The Washington Times Web site, and his weekly column can also be read in the newspaper.
KZLS has also added longtime Oklahoma City morning host Reid Mullins in its morning drive slot. Other KZLS offerings will include Mancow, Andy Dean, The Schnitt Show, and RedEye Radio overnight. RedEye Radio is one of multiple national shows for which Mr. Istook has served as a frequent guest host.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
- EDITORIAL: The food police trying to arrest soda, again
- EDITORIAL: Failing dead veterans, too
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Illegals aren't immigrants; they're thieves
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The danger of cowardice on world stage
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq