- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Lafayette hangs on for 77-71 win over Lehigh
Question of the Day
EASTON, Penn. (AP) - Joey Ptasinski scored 23 points, including five 3-pointers, to lead Lafayette to a 77-71 win over Lehigh on Sunday.
In a close match, Lafayette (10-17, 6-10 Patriot League) retook the lead for good early in the second half on a Ptasinski 3-pointer that sparked a 7-0 run and made it 47-41 with 15:26 to go but had to hold off Lehigh (14-15, 7-9) down the stretch.
Bryce Scott contributed 16 points, Nick Lindner added 11 and Seth Hinrichs had a career high 13 rebound for the Leopards, which hit 26 of 56 from the field to win their fourth straight game and avenge last month’s loss to the Mountain Hawks.
Lehigh pulled to within 73-71 in the final minute on Mackey McKnight 3-pointer, but Ptasinksi and Hinrichs both sank a pair of free throws to seal the Leopard win.
Tim Kempton led Lehigh with 20 points and 13 rebounds.
By Donald Lambro
Even retail giant Wal-Mart shows telltale signs of trouble
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world