- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Remy scores last-minute winner for Newcastle
Question of the Day
NEWCASTLE, England (AP) - Newcastle beat Aston Villa 1-0 with a last-minute winner from Loic Remy on Sunday, ending its four-game losing streak at home in the Premier League.
The match seemed set to finish goalless when Remy hit the post from inside the penalty area in the 89th minute, after Luuk De Jong pulled the ball back from the byline.
But Remy made no mistake moments later at St. James’ Park. De Jong’s shot was deflected into his path and he fooled Ron Vlaar with a dummy before firing past United States goalkeeper Brad Guzan for his 12th league goal of the season.
Papiss Cisse shot over when well placed in the first half for Newcastle, while Gabriel Agbonlahor brought a good save from Tim Krul for Villa’s best chance of the game.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener