- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Question of the Day
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHY THE DEFENSE CHIEF IS PROPOSING SHRINKING ARMY
Secretary Chuck Hagel says the nation can afford a military being smaller than it has been in 74 years so long as it retains a technological edge.
2. WHO IS NOW A WANTED MAN IN UKRAINE
The interim government issues a warrant for the arrest of fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych in the killing of protesters.
3. MEXICO ASSERTS AUTHORITY TO TRY DRUGLORD FIRST
Authorities set in motion a legal process that makes it unlikely drug kingpin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman will face U.S. cases pending against him anytime soon.
4. WHERE HEALTH CARE NEEDS A REHAB
Doctors Without Borders says access to medical care in Afghanistan remains severely limited and poorly adapted to meet the needs of an ongoing conflict.
5. GETTING A CLEARER PICTURE OF NETFLIX-COMCAST DEAL
The partnership will create new avenues for streaming video to travel on its way to TVs and other devices, for which the cable company will be paid an undisclosed sum.
6. STUDY REVEALS POTENT WEAPON AGAINST WOMEN’S CANCERS
For females who carry a notorious cancer gene, surgery to remove healthy ovaries is one of the most protective steps they can take - and sometimes the earlier they have the operation the better.
7. UGANDA’S ANTI-GAY LAW GOES INTO EFFECT
President Yoweri Museveni says the law is needed because the West is promoting homosexuality in Africa.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- House chairman: $3.7B border request 'too much'
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs