- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
Donald Trump: Susan Rice guilty of ‘bigger lie’ on Benghazi
Mr. Trump ripped Mrs. Rice’s assertion Sunday on NBCs’s “Meet the Press” that she wasn’t being insincere by telling the American public that the Benghazi attack that left four Americans dead stemmed from spontaneous anger over an anti-Muslim video, rather than terrorists.
“The notion that somehow I or anybody else in the administration misled the American people is patently false. And I think that’s been amply demonstrated,” Mrs. Rice said.
Mr. Trump vehemently disagreed.
“It’s a big lie,” Mr. Trump said during an appearance on “Fox & Friends.” “And I think now it’s even a bigger lie, after everything that’s been determined.
“The level of arrogance and the level of lying is so incredible,” he said. “Benghazi, unbelievably, is being taken off the front pages. It just has never resonated. But you look at the answers that she and other people are giving and it’s disgraceful. It’s a big, fat, juicy lie. And now she continues to say it, in spite of all of the evidence. … It’s hard to believe they can get away with it.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: 'None of your business'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Atheists lodge complaint against Clemson football program for prayers, Bible studies
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukraine national guard base; 3 killed
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.