- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Mass. health officials point to 2 cases of measles
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has confirmed two cases of measles in the past week in residents living in the Metrowest area.
Most people have been vaccinated against measles. Officials are working to identify people who may be at risk and may spread the disease.
The town of Framingham said on its website that one of the infected persons was in the Trader Joe’s store in Framingham on Feb. 15 and 16.
Anyone who believes they were exposed and who begins to develop symptoms of measles should call their health care provider before visiting an office or emergency room.
Early symptoms occur 10 days to two weeks after exposure and may resemble a cold with fever, cough, runny nose and red eyes. A rash occurs on the skin 2-4 days after symptoms first develop.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- DOJ investigates Norfolk parade float critical of Obama
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- NASCAR TV contract back to NBC in 2015, leaving ESPN, Turner Sports
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs