- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Officials: California student has tuberculosis
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - A Northern California high school student has been diagnosed with the lung disease tuberculosis, health officials say.
Sacramento County Public Health Officer Dr. Olivia Kasirye says the Grant Union High School student is receiving medical care and that letters are being sent to parents of students who may have been exposed to the illness.
KFBK-AM reports (http://bit.ly/1k67vRZ ) that tuberculosis, also called TB, is passed through the air, usually when someone is coughing, laughing, singing or sneezing; it can also lie dormant for a period so there may be no way to tell how the student caught it.
Kasirye told the station that officials will test the student’s classmates but that they don’t anticipate anyone else has been infected.
Information from: KFBK-AM.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.