- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Delta passengers bypass immigration after Heathrow-JFK flight lands at wrong terminal
Question of the Day
Delta passengers at New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport were able to bypass immigration and customs after their flight from London dropped them off at the wrong terminal.
CBS was alerted to the news by a passenger on the flight, Andrew Rostron, whose wife is a network employee.
“I could have just left the airport and kept going, no question about it,” Mr. Rostron said. “I was practically out the front door of the airport, but realized I have to go get my bag.
“If you didn’t have checked luggage, you could have just left, got in a cab and been gone. They had no idea,” he said.
Delta Airlines told CBS News it is aware that “a small number of customers off Delta flight 3 from London to New York’s Kennedy International Airport were able to bypass customs screening. Delta is working with the Port Authority as well as Customs and Border Protection and is looking into the matter. Customer security is of vital importance and Delta makes every effort to follow appropriate procedures.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pro-Palestinian protesters stage 'die-in' outside Seattle Boeing offices
- Mass. superintendent fined for plagiarizing graduation speeches
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Chicago-area cop kills dog in front of 6-year-old owner, witnesses say
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq