- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Ex-Tacoma teacher gets 6 months for child rape
Question of the Day
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - A woman was sentenced to six months in confinement for raping a 12-year-old boy who was one of her students at a Tacoma middle school.
Keshia Shaw was sentenced Tuesday in Pierce County Superior Court and given credit for four months served in jail since pleading guilty in October to child rape.
Judge John McCarthy said Shaw could serve two remaining months under home monitoring if the Department of Corrections agrees. Shaw says she needs treatment for multiple sclerosis she can’t receive in jail.
KOMO reports (http://bit.ly/1hc1Sib ) she’ll also receive sex offender treatment.
Shaw was a sixth-grade math and science teacher at Tacoma’s Gray Middle School. She abused a student for a year-and-a-half beginning in 2007. He told his mother and a family friend about it in 2012.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq