- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Former Olympic champ Hackett to enter rehab in US
Question of the Day
Hackett’s father Neville confirmed media reports Wednesday when he told Australian radio station Triple M that friends and family met with experts who recommended treatment in the U.S.
Hackett’s travel to the U.S. comes after he was photographed partially nude in the early hours of Saturday morning at his Melbourne hotel, searching for his four-year-old son.
Hackett won gold at the Sydney and Athens Olympics in the men’s 1,500 meters freestyle, an event he dominated for more than a decade. He also won Olympic gold as a member of Australia’s 4x200 freestyle relay team at Sydney and claimed 10 world championship titles in his 11-year career.
News of Hackett’s treatment comes in the same month that fellow Olympic swimming great Ian Thorpe was admitted to rehab in Australia after being found disoriented on a Sydney street by police responding to a call from residents.
Thorpe’s management at the time said the five-time gold medalist was affected by a combination of antidepressants and the painkillers he was taking for a shoulder injury.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors