- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
Inside the Beltway: Baseball lobs one to the White House
Question of the Day
• 64 percent have confidence in the CIA, 53 percent in major business corporations.
• 52 percent have confidence in the White House; 25 percent of Republicans, 39 percent of independents and 83 percent of Democrats agree.
• 51 percent have confidence in the IRS; 42 percent have confidence in the news media.
• 39 percent have confidence in Congress.
Source: A Fox News poll of 1,006 registered U.S. voters conducted Feb. 9-11, and released Tuesday.
• Deep thoughts, frivolous observations to firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- The border crisis could prove a 'big boost' for Republicans as the midterms approach
- Inside the Beltway: Just a little media protection for the White House
- Some federal help for old American battlefields: $1.3 million to spruce them up
- Inside the Beltway: Frugal-phobic Congress offers 828 spending bills
- It's grim: 911 Commission warns terrorism has entered 'a new and dangerous phase'
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq