- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Missouri State defeats Loyola of Chicago 72-56
Question of the Day
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) - Christian Kirk scored 16 points and Keith Pickens 14 as Missouri State defeated Loyola of Chicago 72-56 Tuesday night to stake out - for the moment - sole possession of third place in the Missouri Valley Conference, which begins its post-season tournament next week.
The Bears (19-10, 9-8 MVC) led wire-to-wire and forced 13 Loyola turnovers, outscoring the Ramblers (9-20, 4-13) off turnovers 15-2 in the first half alone.
Jarmar Gulley scored 10 points with 10 rebounds, his 15th straight game scoring in double figures.
The Ramblers came as close as eight after halftime, 52-44, when Tony Nixon hit a 3 and Milton Doyle added a free throw at 8:23 remaining, but never got closer.
Nixon led Loyola with 15 points off the bench. Joe Crisman added 14 before fouling out.
Missouri State is in a four-way scrum for third in the MVC and face unbeaten Wichita State on Saturday.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq