- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
VT city poised to buy hydroelectric dam
Question of the Day
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) - Voters in Burlington, Vt., will decide next week whether the city should purchase a hydroelectric dam that provides the equivalent of about 8 percent of its annual power consumption.
The March 4 ballot includes a proposal to approve bonds that would allow the Burlington Electric Department to purchase the Winooski One hydroelectric dam for $16 million.
The Burlington Free Press reports (http://bfpne.ws/NtR5oa) that Mayor Miro Weinberger joined utility and business leaders Monday to promote the deal. They called it a one-time opportunity that comes with no rate increase and is based on a proven, stable technology with no carbon emissions and no new transmission lines.
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener