- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
‘Avatar’ star Sam Worthington slapped with restraining order
Actor Sam Worthington has been slapped with a restraining order after he was arrested for allegedly attacking a paparazzo in New York City over the weekend.
Mr. Worthington was charged Wednesday with two counts of third-degree assault, one count of attempted assault and one count of harassment. He was also ordered not to have any contact with Mr. Li, TMZ reported.
Mr. Worthington faces a maximum of one year in jail if convicted. He is due back in court on May 8.
Mr. Worthington, who was named “GQ Man of the Year” in 2009 in Australia, has also acted in “Clash of the Titans” in 2010 and “Man on a Ledge” in 2012.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- U.N. warns of Muslim 'cleansing' in Central African Republic
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Nation's first center that provides abortions and birthing opens in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Tattoo artist draws outrage for inking his dog
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- CPAC 2014: Huckabee says government impeding religious liberty
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again