- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Huge Marilyn Monroe statue to leave California
PALM SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) - A massive statue of Marilyn Monroe that has turned heads for two years in Palm Springs is headed east.
The Riverside Press-Enterprise (http://bit.ly/1c83Ctm ) says the 26-foot-tall, 34,000-pound statue will be transported in April from California to Hamilton, N.J., where it will be part of an exhibit honoring its designer, Seward Johnson.
A going away party, open to the public, is planned for March 27.
The statue of the “Some Like it Hot” star arrived in the desert resort city in 2012.
The sculpture depicts Monroe trying to push down her billowing skirt in her memorable scene in the “Seven Year Itch.”
The “Forever Marilyn” statue, on loan from The Sculpture Foundation, was previously in Chicago.
Palm Springs officials say they hope to eventually lure Marilyn back.
Information from: The Press-Enterprise, http://www.pe.com
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back vs. phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.