- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Illinois St. topples Indiana State 77-59
Question of the Day
NORMAL, Ill. (AP) - Illinois State drained a 3-pointer just seconds into the game, connected on its first six shots and Daishon Knight scored five of his 20 points in the opening flurry that upended Indiana State 77-59 Wednesday night.
The Redbirds (16-13, 9-8 Missouri Valley Conference) are mired in a cluster of four teams fighting for third place in the MVC, but are 8-1 at home against conference foes and had no trouble upending second-place Indiana State (21-8, 12-5) with Knight’s 20 and 16 points each by Reggie Lynch and Zach Lofton.
Lynch went off for a career night in points as well as rebounds (8) and blocks (5). He extended his season blocked shots to 75, a school record for a frosh by more than 20.
The Redbirds held Indiana State to just 20 field goals on 37-percent shooting and only Dawon Cummings reached double figures with 12 points.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq