- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Lee Rigby trial: Sentence due for 2 guilty of murdering U.K. soldier
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) — Sentencing is underway for two al Qaeda-inspired extremists convicted of murdering an off-duty British soldier who was stabbed to death in a frenzied attack on a London street.
Self-described “soldier of Allah” Michael Adebolajo and accomplice Michael Adebowale were convicted in December of murdering 25-year-old Fusilier Lee Rigby, who was struck by a car and then repeatedly stabbed with knives and a cleaver in front of horrified passersby.
The May 22 attack shocked Britain and inflamed fears of Islamic extremist terrorism in the country.
The pair appeared in the dock Wednesday as prosecutors and defense lawyers made final comments.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq