- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
No. 23 Middle Tennessee women top E Carolina 70-59
Question of the Day
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) - Ebony Rowe scored 23 points, on 7-of-8 shooting, to lead No. 23 Middle Tennessee past East Carolina 70-59 Wednesday night.
Rowe made 9 of 14 free throws and moved into first place on the school’s all-time list with 520 makes in her career.
Middle Tennessee (24-4, 13-1 Conference USA) made just 18 of 45 field goals and 4 of 13 3-pointers but recorded season highs by making 30 of 49 free throw attempts.
East Carolina (21-6, 9-5) converted 8 of 17 (47.1 percent) from the line.
Trailing 34-33 at halftime, the Blue Raiders opened the second half with a 13-2 run as ECU made just 1 of 11 field goals, and committed six turnovers, in the first 10 minutes.
The Pirates never threatened again.
KeKe Stewart added 18 points and Shanice Cason 16 and eight rebounds in the win.
Jada Payne paced ECU with 18 points.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq