- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Polo star killed during match when horse rolls over him
MIAMI — A Mexican-born polo great has died following an accident during a match in Florida.
Harold Ruslander, an investigator for the Palm Beach County medical examiner, told The Associated Press that polo player Carlos Gracida died Tuesday. An autopsy was being performed Wednesday.
The Palm Beach Post reports that the 53-year-old Gracida was playing at Everglades Polo Club when another player accidently hit Gracida’s horse. The horse banged heads with Gracida, who fell off. The horse then rolled on top of him.
Gracida was a nine-time U.S. Open winner, five-time Argentine Open winner and five-time player of the year.
Grand Champions Polo Club manager Juan Olivera said in a phone interview with The Associated Press that a match Gracida was scheduled to play on Wednesday was postponed in his honor.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.