- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Woman, 94, dies when neck caught in nursing bed
WAYNESBURG, Pa. (AP) - The coroner is investigating the death of a 94-year-old woman whose neck became stuck between her mattress and a bed rail at a southwestern Pennsylvania nursing home.
Greene County Coroner Gregory Rohanna has ruled that Irene Sansone died of “accidental asphyxiation” on Saturday at the Golden Living Center in Waynesburg.
The nursing home’s executive director won’t say when staff last checked on Sansone before her death, or how often staff check on patients at night. But the home issued a statement offering condolences to Sansone’s family and says it is conducting an internal investigation and will report the results to the “appropriate regulatory agencies.”
The 111-bed for-profit home was last inspected by the Pennsylvania Health Department on March 1 and has had 16 “minimal harm” deficiencies in 30 months, fewer than the state average.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again