- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
Couple reunited with unique ring dropped in Gulf
Question of the Day
VENICE, Fla. (AP) - A unique wedding ring lost in the Gulf of Mexico has been found by a southwest Florida treasure hunter.
Sarah Whitten-Grigsby and Les Grigsby had matching titanium wedding rings with colored dots around the bands. Les Grigsby’s ring slipped from his hand into the waters off Venice in June.
For months, the couple would describe the ring to anyone they saw at the beach with a metal detector.
Mark DesErmia of Venice found the ring in January about 50 feet from shore and tracked down the couple around Valentine’s Day.
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/1lnfVEL ) that DesErmia has found a ring lost in the waters before. In 2007, he found a 1967 Stanley Cup championship ring that former Toronto Maple Leafs hockey star Jim Pappin had lost in the 1970s.
Information from: Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune, http://www.heraldtribune.com
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world