- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
Former baseball star to open drug treatment center
Question of the Day
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A Florida health care company wants to open a St. Louis County substance abuse rehabilitation center named for former Major League Baseball star Darryl Strawberry.
The 51-year-old Strawberry played for the New York Mets and New York Yankees during a 17-year career. He now lives in St. Peters, where he and his wife Tracy are ordained ministers.
The couple recently opened a drug and alcohol treatment center in central Florida. They help operate another treatment center in Texas.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (bit.ly/1cbLjDs )) reports that Oglethorpe Inc. has filed an application with the state health department for a 44-bed inpatient psychiatric hospital plus 10 group homes on the site of the former state-run Northwest Habilitation Center for developmentally disabled individuals. The center closed in 2012.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world