- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
- Rick Perry: Obama showed up after Hurricane Sandy, why not the Texas border?
- Alec Baldwin in talks to play Rob Ford-like mayor in new NBC drama
- Chinese hackers sought data on federal employees: report
- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
Huskers honor 1911-12 team with throwback uniforms
Question of the Day
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - The Nebraska men’s basketball team will wear throwback uniforms honoring the 1911-12 Cornhuskers for Saturday’s game against Northwestern in Lincoln.
The 1911-12 Huskers won 14 of 15 games and were coached by the legendary E.O. “Jumbo” Stiehm (STEEM). Stiehm became the first coach in Missouri Valley Conference history to win both football and basketball titles in the same year.
The uniforms feature cream-colored tops and bottoms with a white accent stripe and an ‘N’ logo across the middle of the jersey. The 1911-12 jerseys did not have numbers. The number on the throwbacks is below the stripe as well as on the back.
About 50 former players, coaches and staff are returning to Lincoln for a private reception Friday and a tour of facilities. They’ll be introduced at halftime.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- A series of missteps steers Obama's trip off course
- CURL: Obama turning millennials into Republicans
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener