- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
Huskers honor 1911-12 team with throwback uniforms
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - The Nebraska men’s basketball team will wear throwback uniforms honoring the 1911-12 Cornhuskers for Saturday’s game against Northwestern in Lincoln.
The 1911-12 Huskers won 14 of 15 games and were coached by the legendary E.O. “Jumbo” Stiehm (STEEM). Stiehm became the first coach in Missouri Valley Conference history to win both football and basketball titles in the same year.
The uniforms feature cream-colored tops and bottoms with a white accent stripe and an ‘N’ logo across the middle of the jersey. The 1911-12 jerseys did not have numbers. The number on the throwbacks is below the stripe as well as on the back.
About 50 former players, coaches and staff are returning to Lincoln for a private reception Friday and a tour of facilities. They’ll be introduced at halftime.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.