- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
Joe Biden puts Democrats on notice: Don’t ‘apologize for a single thing’
Vice President Joseph R. Biden sent a clear message to fellow Democrats on Thursday about upcoming elections and campaigns: Whatever you do, don't apologize.
"We should not apologize for a single thing," Mr. Biden told members of the Association of State Democratic Chairs, NBC News reported. "We should go out and we should flatly lay out ... 'This is who we are. This is what we stand for. This is what we're going to do.' "
He said he doesn't want to hear any talk about the degrading Democratic Party and the potential for members to lose big in the 2014 midterms. It's the Republicans who should worry, he said, NBC reported.
"Give me a break. There is no Republican Party," Mr. Biden said, decrying the fact that the GOP wasn't "strong" enough to join together as one voice and find a bipartisan settlement on policy matters with Democrats.
Mr. Biden also said he was going to be out and about quite a bit in the coming months — helping Democrats in more that 120 different political races around the nation.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Taliban vow to 'use all force' to disrupt Afghan elections
- Sbarro pizza chain files second bankruptcy in three years
- Bishop in Aleppo: 'We Christians live in fear in Syria'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- White House: Cronkite dead, Galifianakis will do
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Made in China: Materials on U.S. F-16 jets, B-1 bombers
- Intelligence chairwoman accuses CIA of intimidation, snooping on Congress
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama gets advance copies of 'Game of Thrones'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again