- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Kid Rock, Snoop Dogg headline Memphis music fest
Question of the Day
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Kid Rock, Snoop Dogg, Alabama Shakes and Jerry Lee Lewis are among the 60-plus acts scheduled to perform at the Beale Street Music Festival in May.
The lineup announced Thursday also includes Foster the People, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Motorhead, Patti LaBelle, Avenged Sevenfold and the North Mississippi All-Stars.
The festival is scheduled for May 2-4 at Tom Lee Park, located next to the Mississippi River in Memphis.
The festival is part of the monthlong Memphis in May tourist event, which also features the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest.
Other musical acts scheduled to perform are Chick Corea and the Vigil, Seether, 311, Juicy J, Pretty Lights, The String Cheese Incident, Buddy Guy and Sonny Burgess & the Legendary Pacers.
For a complete list, go to http://www.memphisinmay.org/bsmflineup .
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Eric Holder on Palin: 'She wasn't a particularly good vice presidential candidate'
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs