- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
No. 21 Michigan St rolls past Northwestern, 75-44
Question of the Day
EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) - No. 21 Michigan State got its 20th win of the season and kept hope alive for a share of Big Ten Conference title with an easy, 75-44 win over Northwestern Thursday night.
With one game left in the regular season, the Spartans are tied with No. 11 Penn State and No. 17 Nebraska, which knocked off the Lady Lions Monday. All three schools are 12-3. Michigan State closes out the regular season at home Sunday against Indiana.
Aerial Powers put up 19 points and pulled down 13 rebounds to lead Michigan State (20-8, 12-3 Big Ten). Annalise Pickrel scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds while Jasmine Hines and Tori Jankoska added 11 and 10 points, respectively.
Alex Cohen had 11 points and was the only scorer to reach double figures for Northwestern (14-14, 4-11), which now has lost seven straight. The Wildcats shot just 27.9 percent (17 of 61).
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq