- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Today in Nebraska-March
Question of the Day
1855 - Brownville was incorporated.
1867 - Nebraska was admitted to the Union as the 37th state.
1855 - Territorial Legislature created Johnson and Otoe counties.
1857 - Jesse Lowe was elected mayor in Omaha’s first city elections.
1911 - Fire wiped out a block in the Ogallala business district. It was the second devastating fire in the town in less than six months.
1854 - The U.S. Senate passed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, organizing the Kansas and Nebraska territories.
1871 - Franklin County was organized.
2008 - Omaha billionaire investor Warren Buffett said the U.S. economy was essentially in a recession even if it hadn’t met the technical definition of one yet.
1913 - Village of Duncan in Platte County was incorporated.
1951 - Clifford Battershaw went to the Douglas County Jail and pulled a gun, helping his brother Dewey and fellow inmate Victor Sweet escape. The men took two hostages and left the jail on a streetcar. They were later cornered by lawmen in Arizona, who killed Dewey and wounded Clifford and Sweet.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- TYRRELL: The birth of a new alignment in the Middle East
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq