- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
Travelers extends tournament sponsorship to 2024
Question of the Day
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - The Travelers insurance company announced Thursday it has extended its sponsorship of the Travelers Championship golf tournament for 10 years, keeping the PGA Tour even in Connecticut through 2024.
Travelers, which has been the title sponsor for the event since 2007, generates more than $1 million in charity annually through the tournament in Cromwell.
“We sponsor the Travelers Championship because it is good for the community and it benefits charity,” said Andy Bessette, executive vice president and chief administrative officer of Travelers Companies, Inc.
Last summer’s tournament generated more than $1.2 million for charity. One of the biggest beneficiaries is the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, a summer camp for children with life-threatening illnesses that was founded by actor Paul Newman.
Travelers and the PGA also announced that they extended their marketing relationship, with the Hartford-based company continuing as the PGA Tour’s official property casualty insurance provider through 2018.
The 2014 Travelers Championship will be played June 16 to 22.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world