- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare is another disastrous spending spree
Question of the Day
Remember this statement from President Obama? “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period.” Four years after he said that, the passage of Obamacare has resulted in a disastrous implementation.
Significant lack of testing followed by several presidential edicts to change the “law” blatantly disregarded our constitutional process. In 2010, then-House Speaker Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, stated of the gargantuan health care measure: “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.” Well, we now know what’s in it, don’t like it and want a major overhaul. The health care system was changed for an estimated “30 to 40 million uninsured” at the expense of the remaining 300 million Americans who were pleased with their insurance.
All of the rollout mess and resulting chaos is estimated by the Government Accountability Office to be costing us $350 million. Welcome to the new American world of uncontrolled spending and lack of oversight of government actions. It’s a high-finance, free-spending culture that will lead to American hardships and greater debt and deficit. In November, vote out those who supported this mess.
Whispering Pines, N.C.
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for some policy 'pars' from golfer-in-chief
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Texas law is making women safer
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Redskins partnership is a win-win
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No taxpayer funds for illegals
- EDITORIAL: The two faces of Mark Warner
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll