- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Sitka man sentenced for putting out bear poison
Question of the Day
SITKA, Alaska (AP) - A Sitka golf course employee who tried to poison bears but instead killed two dogs has been sentenced to 30 days in jail.
Alaska State Troopers say 31-year-old Kevin Taranoff in October set out food laced with antifreeze to kill brown bears that had been tearing up Sea Mountain Golf Course.
Two dogs running off leash ate the toxic food and wildlife troopers investigated.
Troopers say Taranoff acted without permission of the golf course or other employees.
Taranoff on Monday pleaded guilty to using unlawful methods to take game.
Troopers say Taranoff was sentenced to 180 days in jail with 150 suspended. He was fined $2,000 with $1,000 suspended and ordered to pay restitution. He was placed on probation for two years.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors