- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
UEFA bans City’s Pellegrini for Barcelona match
Question of the Day
NYON, Switzerland (AP) - Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini will start a two-match ban when his team plays Barcelona in the Champions League on March 12.
Pellegrini, who blamed the referee for the 2-0 loss in the first leg, will remain under probation by UEFA for two years and a one-game ban will be imposed if there is another misconduct case.
UEFA says its disciplinary ruling bars the Chilean coach from contacting his players while banned.
On Feb. 18, Pellegrini questioned the integrity of referee Jonas Eriksson, who he said was “not impartial.”
The match was scoreless early in the second half when Eriksson sent off City defender Martin Demichelis for fouling Lionel Messi, who scored the subsequent penalty.
Pellegrini, who later apologized, can appeal.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- Pentagon's human memory-chip program moves forward; two universities awarded contracts
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener