- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Denver mayor has to host CNN’s ‘The Lead’ over Super Bowl bet
Question of the Day
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock will have to host an episode of CNN's "The Lead" after losing a Super Bowl bet to host Jake Tapper.
The pair explained their bet via Twitter: "If Seahawks lose, I cover for him, like a temp. If Broncos lose, the Mayor anchors #TheLead," Mr. Tapper said.
The Seahawks dominated the Broncos 43-8 Sunday night, "[a]nd now I get to take a day off with Denver @MayorHancock filling in for me at the anchor desk," the CNN host tweeted after the win.
"Though it would have been fun to be mayor," he said.
Mr. Hancock had just visited New York City, making the media rounds to campaign for bringing the Super Bowl to Colorado next year.
"I'm here to root for the Denver Broncos to win the Super Bowl," he said Friday. "We also want to bring the Super Bowl to Denver."
"We have the infrastructure to host this event in the future. We have the hotel rooms, the transportation and the stadiums that would make it work. We've hosted events of this scale in the past and have been successful," he said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was 'bias motivated,' police say
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Newly rehabbed Rob Ford knocks back 5 espressos in one sitting
- Iran's Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are 'tumors derived from the same origin'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors