- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Liz Cheney may run again: report
Liz Cheney might not be done running for elected office.
When Ms. Cheney called off her Wyoming Senate bid last month, the eldest daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney apparently suggested to her political team that there could be another campaign in her future, Politico reported.
The website reported that, according to one listener to a phone conversation, Ms. Cheney told her inner circle something along the lines of: “At some point, I will be running for something else. This isn’t the right time for my family.”
Ms. Cheney moved to Wyoming in 2012 and announced last year she was running against incumbent Republican Mike Enzi.
Her campaign, though, struggled to get off the ground, and her message was muddied by a very public spat with her sister, Mary, who is a lesbian, over the issue of same-sex marriage.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Freedom Summit unofficial start to '16 GOP primary
- Eric Cantor falls hard from good graces of conservatives
- Eric Cantor pressured to skip conference by moderate GOP group
- GOP congressman: Empower states to legalize marijuana
- Gov. Jindal: GOP 2016 White House nominee should be a governor
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.