- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Liz Cheney may run again: report
Question of the Day
Liz Cheney might not be done running for elected office.
When Ms. Cheney called off her Wyoming Senate bid last month, the eldest daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney apparently suggested to her political team that there could be another campaign in her future, Politico reported.
The website reported that, according to one listener to a phone conversation, Ms. Cheney told her inner circle something along the lines of: “At some point, I will be running for something else. This isn’t the right time for my family.”
Ms. Cheney moved to Wyoming in 2012 and announced last year she was running against incumbent Republican Mike Enzi.
Her campaign, though, struggled to get off the ground, and her message was muddied by a very public spat with her sister, Mary, who is a lesbian, over the issue of same-sex marriage.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chris Christie faces flak on New Hampshire campaign foray
- Chris Christie sidesteps Bridgegate, again tops Republican presidential field
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors