- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
Shirtless Scott Brown takes icy plunge, fuels more Senate speculation
Former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown took part in the “Penguin Plunge” in New Hampshire over the weekend to raise money for the Special Olympics — adding to the speculation that he will run for Senate.
Mr. Brown, a Republican, took part in the fundraiser at Hampton Beach, where he and hundreds jumped into the icy Atlantic.
For those who missed it, the New Hampshire Union Leader, the state’s largest newspaper, ran a frontage photo of a shirtless Mr. Brown, standing alongside young men wearing “Buckley’s Frozen Seamen” shirts.
Mr. Brown is flirting with challenging incumbent Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen in the Granite State.
A poll released last week showed Mr. Brown and Mr. Shaheen running neck-and-neck in a potential matchup.
Mr. Brown recently moved to his summer home in New Hampshire.
After the event, he tweeted out a picture of himself decked out in an American flag designed sweatshirt and posing with two guys dressed up as zombies.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Freedom Summit unofficial start to '16 GOP primary
- Eric Cantor falls hard from good graces of conservatives
- Eric Cantor pressured to skip conference by moderate GOP group
- GOP congressman: Empower states to legalize marijuana
- Gov. Jindal: GOP 2016 White House nominee should be a governor
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Ga. judge won't stop new Vidalia onion rule
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.