- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Troopers: Ex-golfer had been drinking before crash
Question of the Day
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - A state trooper’s report indicates former Auburn and LPGA player Danielle Downey had been drinking the night she died in a single-car accident.
The Alabama Department of Public Safety released the crash report Monday evening.
The report says the 33-year-old had passed another vehicle at a high rate of speed. She lost control, struck a tree and was ejected after her car overturned several times on Jan. 31.
Downey, Auburn’s director of golf operations, was pronounced dead upon arrival at a hospital.
The report says Downey had drinks with friends at an Auburn restaurant before the accident. A friend, Diana Ramage says she tried to take Downey’s keys because it appeared she’d had too much to drink.
Downey played on the LPGA Tour from 2006 through 2010.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world