- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Troopers: Ex-golfer had been drinking before crash
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - A state trooper’s report indicates former Auburn and LPGA player Danielle Downey had been drinking the night she died in a single-car accident.
The Alabama Department of Public Safety released the crash report Monday evening.
The report says the 33-year-old had passed another vehicle at a high rate of speed. She lost control, struck a tree and was ejected after her car overturned several times on Jan. 31.
Downey, Auburn’s director of golf operations, was pronounced dead upon arrival at a hospital.
The report says Downey had drinks with friends at an Auburn restaurant before the accident. A friend, Diana Ramage says she tried to take Downey’s keys because it appeared she’d had too much to drink.
Downey played on the LPGA Tour from 2006 through 2010.
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again