- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Vols’ director of football operations resigns
Question of the Day
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Brad Pendergrass has resigned from his position as Tennessee’s director of football operations.
Pendergrass said Monday in a university release that “it is with a heavy heart” that he had decided to step down after serving this role for four seasons. Pendergrass thanked athletic director Dave Hart, football coach Butch Jones “and many others for their support and advice in this decision.”
Pendergrass graduated from Tennessee in 1998 and worked for the Volunteers from 1994-2003. His positions included student manager, graduate assistant for the coaching staff and football operations and full-time recruiting assistant. He worked from 2004-08 at Mississippi State, where he was coordinator of football operations and eventually assistant athletics director for football operations. He spent 2009 as Wisconsin’s director of football operations before returning to Tennessee in 2010.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world