- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
3rd tier Sheffield United knocks Fulham out of Cup
LONDON (AP) - Fulham’s miserable season reached a new low on Tuesday as the Premier League club was sensationally beaten 1-0 at home by League One struggler Sheffield United after extra time in an FA Cup fourth-round replay.
But the difference in status hardly showed as the visitors fought for every ball and created the better chances against a Fulham side that is bottom of the Premier League and on its second manager of the season in Rene Meulensteen.
Nigel Clough’s team will now play either Nottingham Forest or Preston North End, who meet in another replay on Wednesday, in the fifth round.
“If you hang on in there at 0-0 you’ve always got that opportunity,” Clough said. “A remarkable effort again by the players tonight.”
Meulensteen made no excuses for his side’s failure to break through United’s well-organized defense.
“It is very disappointing. It is as bad as the weather - the result, the outcome, the performance,” he said. “That sums it up. It was a poor night all-round.”
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- EDITORIAL: Harry Reid's corrupt Senate house of cards
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again