- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Bill would set up GMO labeling discussions
Question of the Day
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A state legislator wants to set up legislators to review how Utah and other states approach genetically modified foods.
Rep. Brian Greene, a Republican from Pleasant Grove, says his bill would require lawmakers to hold discussions with lawmakers in other states about how those foods should be labeled.
Greene told the Deseret News (http://bit.ly/Lt1qiW ) that genetically modified organisms, known as GMOs, are concerning to some Utah residents who want to know what’s in their food.
He says he shied away from requiring labeling of the foods because similar proposals have stalled in Congress and have only passed in two other states.
He says labeling requirements would be an uphill battle in Utah.
Instead, his proposal requires lawmakers to report on a multistate agreement by late 2015.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq