- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Deputies: Man stole $980 bottle of cognac
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Deputies found the New Year’s Eve cognac thief they were looking for - in the Broward County Jail.
Sheriff’s deputies say a Crime Stoppers tip led them to 47-year-old Hans Kaiser, where he was already facing charges for a Jan. 15 grand theft in Margate.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office released a video on Jan. 2 showing the suspect as he forced open the locked display case at the ABC Wine and Spirits store in Oakland Park on Dec. 31. It showed him taking a $980 bottle of Hennessy Paradis Extra Rare Cognac, hiding the bottle under his clothing and leaving the store.
Kaiser told deputies he sold the bottle for $1,000 and used the money to support his drug habit.
He remains in jail, facing an additional grand theft charge.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.