- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Girls spent days in Ohio apartment after dad died
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A central Ohio coroner still hasn’t determined what killed a man whose two young daughters apparently spent several days in their apartment with his dead body.
Franklin County coroner Dr. Jan Gorniak tells The Columbus Dispatch (http://bit.ly/1kKiU7s ) that she is waiting on toxicology tests to help determine what caused the death of 48-year-old Earl Davis.
Columbus police said officers forced their way into the apartment last Thursday night and found Davis‘ body. His two daughters, ages 5 and 6, were hiding upstairs.
A neighbor told police that Davis had been missing about a week. The girls were taken to a hospital where they were determined to be unharmed. Child welfare officials will likely place them with relatives.
Information from: The Columbus Dispatch, http://www.dispatch.com
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq