- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Gov. Corbett’s prepared text for 2014 budget
Question of the Day
So many good things that we achieve can be undone by uncontrolled debt and our increasing pension costs. The basic reform package in my budget this year will save this state and local school districts a combined $300 million.
Inaction is unwise in the extreme, and deeply unfair to our children, communities and schools.
Again, I urge, help your state. Help your school districts. Help your taxpayers. Enact public pension reform before the end of this session.
when it comes to our state and our ability to meet great challenges, I have great confidence in the people of Pennsylvania. We’ve seen our way through some fairly tough times.
And with some notable successes in this building lately, we have shown what we are capable of doing. These are the kinds of successes that usually last the longest in government work done with common purpose by both parties, in the public’s interest.
Things are coming together. All around us are the hopeful signs of a stronger Pennsylvania. We have work to do, and commitments to honor. And now we have a way forward with the budget I submit today, a budget reflecting real numbers, responsible choices, and unlimited confidence in what our people can accomplish.
I have no doubt that you will give your full effort and nothing less. You can be sure that I will do the same. This year, together, let’s give our best for the future of this great commonwealth. Let’s build a stronger Pennsylvania.
God bless you, God bless Pennsylvania, God bless the United States and thank you.
Source: Gov. Tom Corbett‘s
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world