- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
HAGELIN: Do you know what they’re teaching your children about sex?
Question of the Day
Culture challenge of the week: Sex propaganda in schools
Imagine your sweet daughter, barely into puberty, coming home and showing you a photograph she took with her phone of a sex poster at school — a poster that lists the many ways people “express their sexual feelings,” including “grinding,” “anal sex,” “oral sex” and just about everything else you can think of.
Imagine, even further, that the school district representative, when asked about the poster, shrugs and says it is part of a health and science curriculum that “aligns with national standards” of sexuality education.
You’d be right to be mad.
But this isn’t a thought experiment. This is real-life “sex ed” in the heartland of America.
Mark Ellis, a man whose daughter attends a public middle school within the Shawnee Mission School District in Kansas, made the news when he found out the truth about what goes on in America’s schools these days. He was shocked at the explicit nature of the school-authorized poster and perplexed by the school’s claim that its sexual education curriculum is meant to promote abstinence.
“This has nothing to do with abstinence or sexual reproduction,” he said.
He’s right. But, sadly, many of our nation’s public schools teach the lurid propaganda every day.
Most sexuality education curriculum materials are designed not to promote abstinence but to encourage children to experiment with sex. Any kind of sex. Programs like the one Mr. Ellis protested present all types of sexual activity as equal and perfectly normal even for the youngest of children, including male-female intercourse, masturbation and homosexual practices.
The reason is quite simple.
For the political left, children have a “right” to have sex with no guilt, no consequences and no commitments. And they are going to teach them how to do it, by golly.
Educators, school boards and school districts have been snowed by “experts” who peddle the claim that “comprehensive” sex education programs are designed to promote abstinence as much as “safer sex.” They are not. Sprinkling a few words about abstinence into a curriculum loaded with explicit “how to” information is simply a subterfuge.
The real agenda is to expose innocent children to sexual practices that they couldn’t even imagine at their tender ages without some adult planting the idea into their heads.
It’s deplorable. And it’s time for parents to wake up and fight back, just as Mr. Ellis did in Kansas.
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- KEENE: Thinking outside nanny-state box with Paul Ryan
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq