- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Interior Secretary talks climate change at UW
Question of the Day
SEATTLE (AP) - Former REI chief executive Sally Jewell, who left Seattle last year to become secretary of the Interior Department, was back in her hometown Tuesday to talk about climate change in the Northwest.
She led a roundtable discussion with scientists at the University of Washington College of the Environment.
Jewell is promoting President Obama's climate action plan to cut carbon pollution, develop domestic clean energy sources and create American jobs.
Northwest Public Radio reports (http://bit.ly/1cRXbZA ) that on Monday, Jewell met with scientists from the U. S. Geological Survey and National Park Service at Mount Rainier National Park. The group snowshoed to an overlook to check out the Nisqually glacier, the source of the Nisqually River, which drains into Puget Sound. The glacier has receded by almost half a mile.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- TYRRELL: The birth of a new alignment in the Middle East
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq