- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Karlovic hits 44 aces at Zagreb Indoors
Question of the Day
The towering Karlovic matched the record of Mark Philippoussis in the number of aces in a best-of-three match, beating Brands 6-7 (4), 7-5, 7-6 (3).
Australian Philippoussis delivered 44 aces in Kuala Lumpur in a 1995 match against Byron Black of Zimbabwe.
In other matches, Germany’s Bjorn Phau defeated local hope Ante Pavic 6-3, 6-4, Dusan Lajovic beat fellow Serb Pedja Krstin 6-2, 6-3 and Lukas Lacko of Slovakia defeated Jan-Lennard Struff of Germany 6-4, 6-4.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs