- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Labor Secretary Thomas Perez: Bump in minimum wage won’t cost jobs
Labor Secretary Thomas E. Perez said Tuesday that it is time to raise the minimum wage and said he does not buy the Republican argument that a federally mandated increase will cost jobs.
Mr. Perez said, during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” that people who work a full-time job shouldn’t have to live in poverty — as the Obama administration pushes to crank up pressure on Congress to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour and index the rate to inflation.
Asked whether Mr. Obama’s proposed wage bump would kill jobs, Mr. Perez said that after talking to small businesses across the country and investigating the issue, he is convinced it will not.
“Overwhelmingly, the evidence is that is not the case,” he said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen's Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn't always bad
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014