- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
Rockets fired at N. Mali French army base
Question of the Day
BAMAKO, Mali (AP) - An official says two rockets have been fired at a French army base in northern Mali during a visit by France’s top military officer, but missed their target and caused no casualties.
Remi Libessart, a French military spokesman, said the attack occurred Tuesday morning while Adm. Edouard Guillaud was at the camp near the airport in Gao, but landed away from the site. He said it was not known who fired the rockets.
Gao was controlled by MUJAO, an al-Qaida-linked jihadist group, when northern Mali fell to Islamic extremists in 2012. France launched a military intervention in January 2013 that scattered the extremists, but security remains precarious.
This week, a U.N. Security Council visit to Mali promoted talks between the government and armed groups in the north.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: 'We made a mistake'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida judge slaps GOP's redistricting plans: You 'made a mockery' of process
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- EXCLUSIVE: Head of trademark office accused of nepotism
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs