- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
1B-OF LaHair, Indians reach minor league deal
Question of the Day
CLEVELAND (AP) - Bryan LaHair and the Cleveland Indians have agreed to a minor league contract.
The 31-year-old first baseman and outfielder hit .230 with 16 homers and 57 RBIs last year for the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks of Japan’s Pacific League. He was released on Jan. 23.
LaHair was an NL All-Star in 2012, when he batted .269 with 16 homers and 40 RBIs for the Chicago Cubs. He has 21 homers in three big league seasons with Seattle and the Cubs.
LaHair’s agreement was announced Wednesday and includes an invitation to major league spring training.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world