- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
Astros, Rockets network gets Chapter 11 protection
Question of the Day
HOUSTON (AP) - A federal judge has placed the parent company of Comcast SportsNet Houston under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in a ruling that keeps the regional sports network on the air.
The Houston Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/1br4kMb ) the action Tuesday is meant to break an impasse that has limited TV exposure for the Astros and Rockets. The order means the network will remain in operation while the three network partners - the Astros, Comcast and Rockets - work on a reorganization plan.
CSN Houston has been unable to arrange deals with major carriers like DirecTV, Dish Network and Suddenlink, and is available in no more than 40 percent of the area’s 2.2 million TV households.
Chapter 11 allows a company to remain in operation while reorganizing its assets and business affairs.
Information from: Houston Chronicle, http://www.houstonchronicle.com
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world